funded by the European Union - NextGenerationEU in the framework of the PNRR
The Scuola Normale Superiore offers mini-courses called Orientation: a choice for your future. The courses are aimed at girls and boys who are currently in their final year of high school, to let them know the perspectives of university study through an active, participatory and laboratory teaching experience.
The courses, created in the framework of the National Recovery and Resilience Plan (PNRR) funded by the European Union - NextGenerationEU, are born to facilitate and encourage the transition from secondary school to university and reduce the number of university dropouts. They have a duration of 15 hours each - divided into two days - and include:
- Description of the Italian university education system, its functioning and the added value of university education in life and professional pathways.
- Brief presentation of the Scuola Normale Superiore.
- Two lectures, one in the humanities and one in the STEM field, held by Normale teachers, followed by in-depth workshops curated by students.
- Visit to a Scuola Normale structure (laboratory, library or archive)
- Q&A on occupational prospects in relation to the Normale's study and research disciplines
Between June and July 2023, 21 courses were held, proposed in 5 different appointments.
New courses are being designed in the framework of the initiative, which will be communicated as soon as possible.