You are here

Puteano Foundation

The Puteano College, named after the family of its meritorious founder, was established on 8 December 1604 by the Archbishop of Pisa, Carlo Antonio Da Pozzo, to give young Catholics in difficult economic conditions the opportunity to attend the University of Pisa.

To this day the Fondazione Collegio Puteano issues a competition announcement every year for two scholarships. The winning students are hosted in the colleges of the Scuola Normale.

The building of the Puteano College is home to the Centre for Mathematical Research named after the illustrious mathematician Ennio De Giorgi. Directed by Prof. Stefano Marmi, the Centre was founded in 2001 thanks to the synergistic initiative of the Scuola Normale Superiore, of the University of Pisa and of the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna.

The Executive Council of the "Collegio Puteano" Foundation consists of:

President:

Prof. Franco Mosca, delegate of the Rector of the University of Pisa

Councillors:

  • Don Claudio Masini, delegate of the Archbishop of Pisa;
  • Prof. Luigi Ambrosio, delegate of the Director of the Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa;
  • Prof. Giuseppe Martinico, delegate of the Director of the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies in Pisa;
  • Dr. Marco Ferrigo, delegate of the Municipality of Biella;
  • Prof. Virginia Messerini, delegate of the Mayor of the Municipality of Pisa;
  • Adv. Massimo Giovanni Messina, delegate of the Ente Cassa di Risparmio di Pisa;

Council Secretary: 

  • Dr. Riccardo Grasso;

Auditor of the Accounts:

  • Prof. Nicola Lattanzi.