Giulia Vicentini earned the Ph.D. in “Comparative and European Politics” at the University of Siena (Centre for the Study of Political Change – CIRCaP) in January 2013. In 2011 she was visiting scholar at the Heinrich Heine University of Düsseldorf under the supervision of Professor Thomas Poguntke. She worked as teaching assistant at the universities of Florence and Siena and collaborated to several national and international research projects. From October 2014 till July 2016 she had a post-doc position at the University of Trento, working as project manager within the Research Support Office. Since August 2016 she is a post-doc fellow at the Scuola Normale Superiore, working on the project “La dinamica del sistema universitario italiano: le risposte istituzionali alla valutazione della ricerca e ai nuovi meccanismi di allocazione del finanziamento pubblico”, on behalf of the Italian Centre for Research on Universities & HE Systems (UNIRES). Before approaching the study of higher education policies, her research interests (and related publications) dealt mainly with candidate and leadership selection, primary elections, internal organization of European political parties, political elites.
5 Most recent publications:
- Vicentini G. (2016), “L’europeizzazione dell’elite politica italiana ai tempi della crisi”, Polis, 3, 283-309
- Vicentini G. (2015), “From ‘Foreign Body’ to PD Leadership and Beyond. Explaining Matteo Renzi’s Path to Power through the Evolution of his Primaries’ Voters”, Contemporary Italian Politics, 7(2), 127-143
- Vicentini G. (2014), “Does Inclusiveness Affect Divisiveness? A Comparative Analysis of Leadership Races in Five Western European Countries”, Italian Political Science Review, 44(1), 55-80
- Vicentini G. (2014), “Le primaires citoyennes del Parti Socialiste (2011) e le primarie di Italia Bene Comune (2012): molte somiglianze, esiti diversi”, Quaderni dell’Osservatorio elettorale, 71, June
- Vicentini G. (2013), “Selecting the Leader in Italy and Spain”, Revista Espaňola de Ciencia Política, 33, November, 11-30
5 Relevant previous projects:
- 2016-2018: Cost Action PROSEPS (Professionalization and Social Impact of European Political Science) – Scuola Normale Superiore
- 2016-2018: PRIN project “Comparing Governance Regime Changes in Higher Education: systemic performances, national policy dynamics, and institutional responses. A multidisciplinary and mixed methods analysis” - Scuola Normale Superiore
- 2016: H2020 Collaborative Research Project EuEngage (University of Siena): organization and data collection of the elite survey and Online deliberation
- 2014-2016: Il finanziamento dei progetti di ricerca: analisi comparativa delle caratteristiche degli strumenti locali, nazionali ed internazionali a finanziamento delle attività di ricerca e supporto allo sviluppo e definizione della proposta operativa, attraverso l’utilizzo degli specifici strumenti informatici sui portali dedicati, University of Trento - Divisione supporto alla ricerca e al trasferimento tecnologico
- 2014: Comparative research project "European National Elite and the Crisis” (ENEC), Unitelma Sapienza and University of Siena - organization and data collection of the elite survey
Higher education; leadership selection, primary elections, political parties, political elite.