Condensed matter and quantum information theory group
The group contributes to the teaching activity of the SNS with a very well-structured series of courses for students of the undergraduate course, as well as for those of the PhD courses in Physics and Nanoscience:
Classical electrodynamics I,
Classical electrodynamics II,
Thermodynamics and statistical physics,
Introductory Quantum Physics,
Quantum Mechanics, Introduction to the Structure of Matter,
Quantum Technologies: systems and methods,
Condensed Matter Physics,
Seminar series - Condensed Matter Physics.
During the entire academic year 2018 an informal cycle of internal seminars on a weekly basis (Quo Vadis seminars) was activated to give space to the students of the group to present their works and report on works of common interest that have appeared in the literature (journal club ).
68 in total, of which: 45 produced and published in the 2018 calendar year; 20 produced and submitted in 2018 and officially published in 2019; 3 produced and submitted in 2018 but still currently being refereed.
- L. Du, et al., “Phase-dependent topological interface state and spatial adiabatic passage in a generalized Su-Schrieffer-Heeger model”, Phys. Rev. A (2019), in the press
- A. Zavatta, M. Artoni, G. La Rocca, “Engineering of heralded narrowband color-entangled states”, Physical Review A 99, 031802 (2019)
- J.E. Leon Padilla, et al., “g-factor Anisotropy Inversion in InAsGa 2D Nanostructures”, Physica Status Solidi (b) 256, 1800643 (2019).
- J. Wu, et al., "Conditional phase-shift enhancement through dynamical Rydberg blockade", Europhys. Lett. 120, 54002 (2018).
- S. Zanotto, G.C. La Rocca, A. Tredicucci, “Understanding and overcoming fundamental limits of asymmetric light-light switches”, Opt. Express 26, 3618 (2018).
- X.-D. Tian, et al., “Nonclassical storage and retrieval of a multiphoton pulse in cold Rydberg atoms”, Phys. Rev. A 97, 043811 (2018).
- M. A. Toloza Sandoval, et al., “Mesoscopic g-factor renormalization for electrons in III-V interacting nanolayers”, Phys. Rev. B 98, 075312 (2018).
- G. M. Andolina, et al., “Quantum versus classical many-body batteries”; Phys. Rev. B 99, 205437 (2019); arXiv:1812.04669
- F. Kianvash, M. Fanizza, V. Giovannetti “Optimal Quantum Subtracting Machine”, Phys. Rev. A 99, 052319 (2019), arXiv:1811.07187
- D. Farina, et al., “Charger-mediated energy transfer for quantum batteries: an open system approach”, Phys. Rev. B 99, 035421 (2019); arXiv:1810.10890
- O. Malliet, et al., “Optimal probabilistic work extraction beyond the free energy difference with a single-electron device”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 150604 (2019); arXiv:1810.06274
- A. Cuevas, et al., “All-optical implementation of collision-based evolutions of open quantum systems”, to appear on Sci. Rep. arXiv:1809.01922
- G. Blasi, et al., “Manipulation of Cooper pair entanglement in hybrid topological Josephson junctions”, Phys. Rev. B 99, 064514 (2019), arXiv:1808.09709
- T. Bullock, et al., “Entanglement Protection via Periodic Environment Resetting in Continuous Time Quantum Dynamical Processes”, Phys. Rev. A 98, 042301 (2018), arXiv:1808.02249
- A. H. Kiilerich, A. De Pasquale, V. Giovannetti “A dynamical approach to ancilla assisted quantum thermometry”, Phys. Rev. A 98, 042124 (2018), arXiv:1807.11268
- G. M. Andolina, et al., “Extractable work, the role of correlations, and asymptotic freedom in quantum batteries”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 047702 (2019), arXiv:1807.08656
- V. Cavina, et al., “Variational approach to the optimal control of coherently driven, open quantum system dynamics”, Phys. Rev. A 98, 052125 (2018), arXiv:1807.07450
- S. Cusumano, et al., “Entropy production and asymptotic factorization via thermalization: a collisional model approach”, Phys. Rev. A 98, 032119 (2018), arXiv:1807.04500
- D. Gatto, A. De Pasquale, V. Giovannetti “Degradation of Entanglement in Markovian Noise”, Phys. Rev. A 99, 032307 (2019); arXiv:1806.07468
- G. M. Andolina, et al., “Charger-mediated energy transfer in exactly-solvable models for quantum batteries”, Phys. Rev. B 98, 205423 (2018); arXiv:1807.04031
- V. Cavina, et al., “Bridging thermodynamics and metrology in non-equilibrium Quantum Thermometry”, Phys. Rev. A 98, 050101 (2018); arXiv:1806.05098
- M. Fanizza, A. Mari, V. Giovannetti, “Optimal universal learning machines for quantum state discrimination”, to appear in IEEE Inf. Transf. arXiv:1805.03477
- G. De Palma, et al., “Gaussian optimizers for entropic inequalities in quantum information”, Journal of Mathematical Physics 59(8), 081101 (2018); arXiv:1803.02360
- T. Matsubara, et al., “Optimal Gaussian Metrology for Generic Multimode Interferometric Circuit”, New J. Phys. 21, 033014 (2019); arXiv:1802.01452
- L. Mancino, et al., “Geometrical bounds on irreversibility in open quantum systems”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 121, 160602 (2018); arXiv:1801.05188
- M. Rosati, A. Mari, V. Giovannetti, “Narrow Bounds for the Quantum Capacity of Thermal Attenuators”, Nature Communications 9, 4339 (2018); arXiv:1801.04731
- M. Rosati, V. Giovannetti, “Asymmetric information capacities of reciprocal pairs of quantum channels”, Phys. Rev. A 97, 052318 (2018); arXiv:1801.03156
- V. Cavina, et al., “Optimal thermodynamic control in open quantum systems”, Phys. Rev. A 98, 012139 (2018); arXiv:1709.07400
- S. Cusumano, A. Mari, V. Giovannetti, “Interferometric modulation of quantum cascade interactions”, Phys. Rev. A 97, 053811 (2018) arXiv:1709.05826
- G. De Palma, et al., “The One-Mode Quantum-Limited Gaussian Attenuator and Amplifier Have Gaussian Maximizers”, Annales Henri Poincaré (2018); arXiv:1610.09967
- M. Beconcini, M. Polini, F. Taddei, “Nonlocal superconducting correlations in graphene in the quantum Hall regime”, Phys. Rev. B 97, 201403(R) (2018).
- B. Bhandari, et al., “Thermal drag in electronic conductors”, Phys. Rev. B 98, 035415 (2018).
- P. A. Erdman, et al., “Absorption refrigerators based on Coulomb-coupled single-electron systems”, Phys. Rev. B 98, 045433 (2018).
- F. M. Surace, et al., “Floquet time crystals in clock models”, Phys. Rev. B 99, 104303 (2019); arXiv:1811.12426
- J. Jin, et al., “Phase diagram of the dissipative quantum Ising model on a square lattice”, Phys. Rev. B 98, 241108 (2018), arXiv:1810.08112
- S. Barberino, et al., “Topological Devil's staircase in atomic two-leg ladders”, New J. Phys. 21, 043048 (2019), arXiv:1810.02337
- F. Tonielli, et al., “Orthogonality catastrophe in dissipative quantum many body systems”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 040604 (2019), arXiv:1809.09088
- M. Keck, D. Rossini, R. Fazio, “Persistent currents by reservoir engineering”, Phys. Rev. A 98, 053812 (2018), arXiv:1809.02964
- J. Tangpanitanon, et al., “Hidden Order in Quantum Many-body Dynamics of Driven-Dissipative Nonlinear Photonic Lattices”, Phys. Rev. A 99, 043808 (2019); arXiv:1806.10762
- S. Barbarino, et al., “Engineering statistical transmutation of identical quantum particles”, Phys. Rev. B 99, 045430 (2019), arXiv:1806.09971
- S. Pappalardi, et al., “Scrambling and entanglement spreading in long-range spin chains”, Phys. Rev. B 98, 134303 (2018), arXiv:1806.00022
- O. Scarlatella, R. Fazio, M. Schiro’, “Emergent Finite Frequency Criticality of Driven-Dissipative Correlated Lattice Bosons”, Phys. Rev. B 99, 064511 (2019), arXiv:1805.02770
- L. Amico, et al., “Mesoscopic electron transport and atomic gases, a review of Frank W. J. Hekking's scientific work”, SciPost Phys. 5, 009 (2018), arXiv:1804.06213
- S. Sonar, et al., “Squeezing Enhances Quantum Synchronization”, Physical Review Letters 120, 163601 (2018); arXiv:1801.10383
- E. T. Owen, et al., “Quantum correlations and limit cycles in the driven-dissipative Heisenberg lattice”; New J. Phys., 20, 045004 (2018); arXiv:1711.11309
- S. Notarnicola, et al., “From localization to anomalous diffusion in the dynamics of coupled kicked rotors”, Phys. Rev. E 97, 022202 (2018), arXiv:1709.05657
- A. Biella, et al., “Linked cluster expansions for open quantum systems on a lattice”, Phys. Rev. B 97, 035103 (2018); arXiv:1708.08666
- F. Iemini, et al., “Boundary time crystals”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 121, 035301 (2018); arXiv:1708.05014
- S. Barbarino, et al., “Topological phases in odd-legs frustrated synthetic ladders”, Phys. Rev. A 97, 013634 (2018), arXiv:1708.02929
- P. Novelli, et al., “Failure of conductance quantization in two-dimensional topological insulators due to non-magnetic impurities”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 016601 (2019), arXiv:1806.10344.
- K.-J. Tielrooij, et al., “Out-of-plane heat transfer in van der Waals stacks: electron-hyperbolic phonon coupling”, Nature Nanotech. 13, 41 (2018).
- G. Soavi, et al., “Broadband, electrically tuneable, third harmonic generation in graphene”, Nature Nanotech. 13, 583 (2018).
- D.A. Bandurin, et al., “Resonant Terahertz detection using graphene plasmons”, Nature Commun. 9, 5392 (2018).
- A. Tomadin, et al., “The ultrafast dynamics and conductivity of photoexcited graphene at different Fermi energies”, Science Advances 4, 5313 (2018).
- D. Ferraro, et al., “High-power collective charging of a solid-state quantum battery”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 117702 (2018).
- A. Gabbana, et al., “Prospects for the detection of electronic pre-turbulence in graphene”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 121, 236602 (2018).
- D. Kundys, et al., Nonlinear light mixing by graphene plasmons, Nano Lett. 18, 282 (2018).
- G.M. Andolina, F.M.D. Pellegrino, F.H.L. Koppens, and M. Polini, “Quantum non-local theory of topological Fermi arc plasmons in Weyl semimetals”, Phys. Rev. B 97, 125431 (2018).
- H. Rostami and M. Polini, “Nonlinear anomalous photocurrents in Weyl semimetals”, Phys. Rev. B 97, 195151 (2018).
- B.A. Braem, et al., “Scanning gate microscopy in a viscous electron fluid”, Phys. Rev. B 98, 241304(R) (2018)
- H. Rostami, et al., Piezoelectricity and valley Chern number in inhomogeneous hexagonal 2D crystals, npj 2D Materials and Applications 2, 15 (2018).
- F. De Nicola, et al., “Multiband plasmonic Sierpinski carpet fractal antennas”, ACS Photon. 5, 2418 (2018).
- A. Principi, et al., “Confining graphene plasmons to the ultimate limit”, Phys. Rev. B 98, 035427 (2018).
- A.E. Del Rio Castillo, et al., “High-yield production of 2D crystals by wet-jet milling”, Mater. Horiz. 5, 890 (2018).
- A. Secchi and M. Polini, “Adiabatic perturbation theory of nonequilibrium light-controlled superconductivity”, Phys. Rev. B 98, 144513 (2018). Articoli su archivio in corso di referaggio:
- P. A. Erdman, et al., “Maximum Power and Corresponding Efficiency for Two-Level Quantum Heat Engines and Refrigerators”, arXiv:1812.05089
- Y. Yang, L. Xu, V. Giovannetti “A modified Hong-Ou-Mandel interferometer for two-parameter sensing”; arXiv:1811.05348
- A. Chia, et al., “The small-noise approximation in linear amplifiers: Limitations and beyond”; arXiv:1811.08105