The SNS undertakes to support its community in the creation of new companies. In accordance with a specific set of regulations, researchers and lecturers can create a spin off company if the entrepreneurial project involves the valorisation of the results of research of the SNS. Undergraduate and PhD students may found a start up.
Support in this context includes:
* orientation towards training courses designed to develop entrepreneurial skills and knowledge, for future founding members;
* technical and market analysis of the feasibility and prospects of an entrepreneurial idea, assistance during the process of the establishment proposal;
* scouting of the funding opportunities (private and of investment funds);
* information for the licensing of patents in favour of the spin off;
* support for participation in initiatives such as the Start Cup and Hackathon, and for the development of Investor Pitch.
Up to now, the Scuola has recognised five spin-off companies, which undergo a periodical monitoring, also for the purposes of the quality assessing of research.