Fondazione Puteano

Immagine di anteprima
fondazione collegio puteano

The Puteano College, named after the family of its meritorious founder, was established on 8 December 1604 by the Archbishop of Pisa, Carlo Antonio Da Pozzo, to give young Catholics in difficult economic conditions the opportunity to attend the University of Pisa.


To this day the Fondazione Collegio Puteano issues a competition announcement every year for two scholarships. The winning students are hosted in the colleges of the Scuola Normale.


The building of the Puteano College is home to the Centre for Mathematical Research named after the illustrious mathematician Ennio De Giorgi. Directed by Prof. Stefano Marmi, the Centre was founded in 2001 thanks to the synergistic initiative of the Scuola Normale Superiore, of the University of Pisa and of the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna.

The Executive Council of the "Collegio Puteano" Foundation consists of:


President:
 Ugo Faraguna, delegate of the Rector of the University of Pisa


Councillors:
Padre Stefano Titta,, delegate of the Archbishop of Pisa;
Franco Flandoli,, delegate of the Director of the Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa;
Giuseppe Martinico, delegate of the Director of the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies in Pisa;
Lorenzo  Monteleone, delegate of the Municipality of Biella;
Virginia Messerini, delegate of the Mayor of the Municipality of Pisa;
Massimo Giovanni Messina, delegate of the Ente Cassa di Risparmio di Pisa;

Riccardo Grasso, Secretary


Auditor of the Accounts: Aurelia de Simone