Open Science at the Scuola Normale
The Scuola Normale Superiore has included the development of Open Science among its strategic objectives for the period 2019-2024 and, starting from 1 June 2020, has adopted the regulation on open access to scientific literature, according to which the lecturers and researchers of the Scuola Normale Superiore are required to deposit publicly funded publications in the IRIS research institutional repository and make them accessible to open access, where permitted.
Based on the regulation, the University Commission for Open Access has been appointed, which deals with:
- defining proposals for the promotion and support of open access publishing;
- maintaining relations with external institutions that promote open access;
- organising training and awareness-raising initiatives on open access;
- developing proposals for the integration of open access policies within the evaluation systems of the Scuola Normale Superiore.
The Commission is composed of:
- The Director
- Two lecturers or researchers of the Scuola Normale Superiore, belonging to each of the two Faculties not represented by the Director
- An external expert
- A research fellow
- One student of the undergraduate or PhD course
- A member of the technical-administrative personnel (PTA) with experience in the field of open access
For information on
- possibilities of open access publication
- the management of research data and the creation of Data Management Plan
- constraints related to open access/FAIR data by external lenders
- research evaluation
write to email@example.com.
For support for filing in the IRIS research catalogue, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IRIS STAFF: Barbara Allegranti, Arianna Andrei, Stefano Bonanni, Valentina Cioni, Elisa Fiocchi, Elisa Panicucci, Donatella Tamagno, Marco Tomassini, Chiara Vichi