In the production of contents to be published on the official social profiles, account must be taken of some fundamental aspects concerning the register (verbal and visual) with which the Scuola Normale Superiore expresses its identity and personality, the style of writing, the use of images, both video and audio, and the principles of correctness, inclusiveness and respect.
The register to be used on the social network channels of the Scuola Normale Superiore should be informal and friendly while maintaining an institutional style guaranteeing credibility and authoritativeness. These principles apply to both the verbal and the visual code. The images used must be of good quality and high definition. The sources of any quotations inserted into the texts must be verified and cited.
You are advised:
- to take great care to ensure grammatical accuracy, also in foreign languages;
- to utilise the “tu” when writing in Italian to refer to the interlocutor implicit in the editing of posts;
- to express yourself using inclusive language e that respects gender differences (not using masculine terms as neutral);
- not to publish posts solely of images or links without accompanying texts;
- not to write texts that are too long and to reduce the length of links;
- to utilise the hashtags (#) to underline the key words;
- always to insert a thank you or a greeting in your replies;
- not to adopt polemical attitudes, even in the case of complaints or negative judgements;
- not to cancel, censor or modify criticisms or negative comments, unless they violate the rules of the social media policy.
- Not to utilise CAPITAL letters since they imply a “loud” tone of voice;
- to avoid emoticons and abbreviations;
- not to overuse exclamation marks, exaggerations and superlatives;
- to avoid emphatic, paternalistic or too youthful tones.
It is forbidden:
- to utilise images, videos or audio recordings that are not the property of the Scuola Normale Superiore, not under Creative Commons licence, or for which the publication rights have not been granted;
- to publish videos or photos that show recognisable minors or adults if no consent has been expressed;
- to publish advertising notices;
- to publish confidential information regarding the Scuola Normale Superiore or those that are part of it (students, lecturers, technical and administrative personnel, etc.);
- to publish contents that are offensive, harmful, denigratory, discriminating, political propaganda and so forth;
- to publish or carry out actions that violate the confidentiality of other users or of third parties.