Comitato Unico di Garanzia - CUG
Functions and scope of competences
The role of the Joint Committee for Equal Opportunity (Il Comitato Unico di Garanzia) (CUG) is to put forward propositions and to offer consultations and verification regarding the development of the culture of equal opportunities, the enhancement of well-being in the workplace and the combatting of discrimination. It makes use of the services of the Scuola dedicated to the promotion of well-being in the workplace.
In the carrying out of its functions the committee may also collaborate with the Office of the territorial Equal Opportunities Counsellor for the exchange of information and good practice, and for the setting up of cooperation agreements and shared initiatives and projects in specific fields of interest.
Within the scope of the competences recognised by law and by the Statute of the Scuola, the Joint Committee for Equal Opportunity may carry out, in particular, the following tasks:
* to propose plans of positive actions to further equality in the workplace and the culture of equal opportunity, also in relation to the initiatives and tools that the Scuola may adopt;
* to propose actions and projects designed to foster conditions of well-being in the workplace, such as cognitive and climate surveys designed to recognise, prevent and remove all instances of discrimination, psychological unease and mobbing;
* to offer non-binding views as to personnel training and organisation plans, flexibility in the workplace and interventions of conciliation between private life and work;
* to carry out checks on the results of the positive actions, good practice for equal opportunity and policies of promotion of well-being in the workplace, including through the proposal of educational plans to the competent authorities.
Foundation and composition
The Joint Committee for Equal Opportunity, for the enhancement of well-being in the workplace and for the combatting of discrimination (CUG) was founded in compliance with prevailing legislation, incorporated into the Statute of the Scuola Normale,* to substitute and integrate the functions of the Committee for Equal Opportunity with those of the Peer Committee against the phenomenon of mobbing. It is a peer organisation composed of three representatives of the Scuola and three representatives of the personnel.
The current composition of the Joint Committee for Equal Opportunity has a four-year mandate starting from March 2023.**
* Article 57 of the legislative decree 30 March 2001 n. 165, as amended by Article 21 of Law no. 183, of the Regulations issued by the Departments of the Public Function and for Equal Opportunities of 4 March 2011 and of art. 53 of the Statute of the SNS, with Decree of the General Secretary n. 167 of 12 March 2015.
** Decree of the General Secretary n. 184 of 23 March 2023.